What can you claim?

Treatment and Support

Ambulance services
Emergency transport from the crash scene to a hospital

Hospital services
Emergency treatment at a public or private hospital.

Nursing services
Home visits after you are discharged from hospital.

Medical services
Visits to your family doctor and specialist, and pathology tests.

Medical imaging required to diagnose your injuries, such as x-ray, CT/CAT scans, MRI and ultrasound.

Medicine prescribed by your doctor and provided by a pharmacist.

Equipment hire or purchase that your health professional recommends for your crash injury, such as crutches.

Dental services
Teeth to be restored if they were damaged in the crash.

Medical aids
Repair or replacement of certain aids damaged in your crash like glasses, hearing aids, mobility aids or dentures.

Rehabilitation services
Rehabilitation services that are required, such as working with a physiotherapist on a return to work program.

Therapy services
Physiotherapy, massage, chiropractic, podiatry, optometry, osteopathy and psychology.

Household support services
Services like housekeeping and gardening, while you recover from your injuries.

Cost of travelling to and from medical and other appointments that you have to attend for your accident injuries.

Economic Loss

Compensation for your loss of capacity to earn for the period you are unable to work due to your injuries from the crash including interim payments to avoid unnecessary hardship on you and your family.

Pain and Suffering

Compensation for pain and suffering and other general damages (non-pecuniary) arising from your crash, including compensation for loss of amenities of life, loss of enjoyment of life, curtailment of life expectation, and bodily or mental harm.

Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.