Close this search box.
(08) 6149 1600


How long do I have to file a motor vehicle accident claim in Australia?

In Western Australia, the general time limit for filing a motor vehicle accident claim is within 3 years from the date of the accident. This timeframe applies to personal injury claims arising from a motor vehicle accident.

It’s important to note that the process typically begins with notifying the Insurance Commission of Western Australia (ICWA), which manages motor vehicle personal injury claims in the state. The ICWA advises that you should lodge a claim as soon as possible after the accident to ensure your rights are protected and to facilitate a timely resolution.

However, there can be specific circumstances or exceptions that might affect this timeframe, so it’s always recommended to seek legal advice as soon as possible following an accident. A lawyer specialising in personal injury law, particularly with experience in motor vehicle accidents in Western Australia, can provide detailed guidance tailored to your specific situation. At ACL we have a team of experienced individuals ready to assist.

Fill in the form to arrange a chat with one of our experts

For more information, please read our privacy policy here. By submitting this web form, you are consenting to your personal data being used for the purposes set out in the privacy policy.