Job Title: Senior Lawyer
Job Type: Full time, Monday to Friday Flexible hours between 8am-6pm. However, we will consider part time working also for the right candidate.
Location: Perth CBD with working from home available.
Competitive salary and benefits package offered for this role.
About the Company
Accident Claims Lawyers is a law firm with a mission to help Western Australians get better legal support following an accident that was not their fault. We have brought together a team of legal professionals committed to working closely with clients to get the compensation they deserve.
Main responsibility of the role
The Senior Lawyer will supervise the running of a caseload of files in a commercial and profitable manner delivering the highest level of customer care.
- Supervising a caseload of personal injury files to ensure progression and achieve the compensation deserved to the injured client.
- Providing the highest level of client care, obtaining further information or evidence from the client and discussing the progress of their case.
- Review of medical reports, collation of special damages, quantifying heads of loss, liability, prospects of success and making offers of settlement.
- Review the brief and bundle, arranging a meeting with the barrister when applicable and the client to discuss quantum, and issuing relevant letters of advice to the clients
- Supervision and attendance at hearings such as pre trial conferences, conciliations, arbitrations and informal settlement conferences, and where necessary meeting with barrister and client before hearings.
- Supervision of the preparation for trial and attendance at trial.
Skills & expertise required
- Previous experience working at a Senior level including providing supervision of a caseload.
- Experienced in MVA and Worker Compensation claims with an excellent working knowledge of Personal injury law.
- Excellent litigation skills and tactical ability with experience in performing their own advocacy.
- Experience in working within a case management system.
Saving time on a daily commute, and cost, this role can be facilitated as working remotely from home, with occasional travel to our Perth CBD offices as and when required only. Working hours will be Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm, with flexibility to work between the hours of 8am to 6pm.
We are offering a competitive salary for this role, plus substantial benefits as part of your package including.
- Full support to set up working from home, including providing necessary equipment and furniture.
- Gym allowance to pay for membership at a gym of your choice.
- Annual leave at 25 days per annum.
- Superannuation scheme.
- Social events, team events and team building throughout the year.
- Training support offered.
Send your resume to [email protected] and see where you can fit in with us!